SAFETY: Able to Work? What you need to know
Is your business able to work this week? More importantly, do you know what safety protocols you need to comply with current restrictions. Build your safety plan by considering the questions below.
The SAFETY Checklist
- Personal hygiene, washing (clothes and hands) & health (sick=home)
- D I S T A N C I N G
- Work bubbles – Team structure and facilities layout
- Contract tracing – QR code and App/Registers
- Lunch & Break protocols and staggering
- Workplace cleaning – shared areas and equipment
- TRAINING & Risk Management
Are Employees well, and free of cold or flu-like symptoms?
- If they are sick, stay home and anyone symptomatic is to contact Healthline.
- Are they high risk or immunocompromised?
What hygiene protocols are in place?
- Have all surfaces been cleaned?
- Are wash stations or santisers available?
- Are PPE (masks or gloves/coveralls as needed) stocks adequate and allocated to Employees?
How can the workplace create separation between working groups?
- Set up remote working wherever possible
- Contactless trading – no customer contact is permitted
- Physical distancing of 2 metres between workers
- Set up of Team bubbles to reduce contact (even better if they can be on staggered shifts with zero contact)
- Travel in bubbles or individually
- Signage and entry/exit management (see Contact tracing)
- Use of kitchen or shared facilities – one at a time? Staggered breaks? Regular cleaning.
Contact tracing – who are we in contact with?
- Provide tracing protocols and registers (paper or app) to record movements and contacts.
- From 11:59am on Wednesday 19 August all businesses must display a NZ COVID Tracer QR code for their business.
- It must be in either a prominent place or near main entrances.
Training, Communication & Risk Management
- Have Employees been inducted on protocols?
- How will updates be communicated?
- What happens… if? (Probable case? Close Contact? Increased restrictions?
More SAFETY information
Employer needs and expectations should be clear. Explain how compliance affects each individual to drive forward as a Team.
Visit the ‘PEOPLE‘ update page for Employer/Employee obligations and tips.
Contact us if you need help with your organisations safety management.